Today I made this birthday cake for a friend who loves pizza. It was very easy and came out quite well so I thought I’d share with you how I did it.
- The base is just a standard cake mix (see here for a basic recipe) cooked in a 23cm circular tin for 35 minutes.
- The tomato sauce is icing sugar mixed with a little water and red gel food colouring (I also added some raspberry puree but you don’t have to).
- The cheese is grated white chocolate.
- The olives are black fondant icing, rolled thinly and cut out with tiny circular cutters.
- The pepperoni is made from Kelloggs fruit wind ups scrunched up into a ball, rolled out flat and then cut with a circular cutter.